Deadline: 22 October 2020 at 23:59 UTC.
Semester dates: 1 February 2021 - 31 July 2021.
Available telescopes and instruments:
- Eleven 1-meter telescopes, equipped with:
- Two 2-meter telescopes, equipped with:
- A Spectral imager and FLOYDS low-dispersion spectrograph (at Siding Spring Observatory),
- A MuSCAT3 multi-channel imager and FLOYDS spectrograph (at Haleakala Observatory).
- Ten 0.4m telescopes, equipped with:
- SBIG imagers.
In the 2021A semester, we estimate that approximately 100, 1000, and 2000 hours will be available on the 2m, 1m, and 0.4m telescopes, respectively. Also during the semester, we expect two additional 1m telescopes (at Teide Observatory) to become available for science observations.
For more information on LCO resources, check the links above or the links on the Observatory Information page.
This call is for astronomers at institutions with which LCO has formal agreements, but without guarantees of Network time. Eligible institutions include the University of California at Santa Barbara (UCSB), the Infrared Processing and Analysis Center (IPAC), the University of Colorado, and the Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC). Astronomers affiliated with LCO, including staff scientists, Time Allocation Committee members and Science Advisory Committee members, are also welcome to submit proposals.
LCO's Science Collaboration partners that have guaranteed time conduct independent proposal solicitations and reviews.
The proposal body must conform to the following constraints:
- The font size must be 11 points or larger. (Caption fonts may be smaller.)
- Margins on all edges must be at least 1 inch.
- Line spacing must be no denser than 6 lines per inch.
- The file size must be under 10MB.
- The recommended length is 6 pages.
The Guidelines for Writing Proposals page provides information on
- registering in the Observatory portal,
- the fields that must be included in the proposal,
- instrument overheads and our time-charging policy,
- special observing modes,
- the Target Visibility Calculator and Exposure Time Calculator.